Trust Carpet Selections, Inc. with your professional carpet installation in Prospect and Louisville, KY.
Before installing your carpet
Installation team expects to move 3-5 pieces of furniture per room
Below are items we don’t move or may charge extra to move. **Some items will require disassembly by you or the installer. Please discuss with your salesperson prior to installation.
THINGS YOU MOVE
- All Bedding
- All Electronics
- Items from under Furniture
- Items from Bookshelves
- Items from China Cabinets
- Items from Entertainment Center
- Items from Dresser
- Any Other items/breakables, valuables or antiques
Extra Charge - Show on Estimate
- Big Screen TVs
- Bunk Beds
- Specialty Beds
- Exercise Equipment
- Upright Pianos
- Game Tables
THINGS YOU Unplug & Move
- All Electronics, TVs
- Audio/Video Equipment
- Water & Gas Lines (We recommend hiring a professional)
We don't Move
- Grandfather Clocks
- Certain Exercise Equipment
- Baby or Grand Pianos
- Pool Tables
- Pedestal Sinks
- Clean out Closets - For a wall mounted system, clean up to 4 feet; for support pole closets, remove everything off of the entire closet system.
- We love children and pets! Our tools and supplies can be dangerous to them so it is safest for children and pets not to be in the installation area.
- Special Beds – Discuss Sleep Number, Adjustable, Hospital, 4 Poster, Bunkbeds, and Multiple piece Headboards with Measure Professional for prep and extra charges.
- Floor Squeaks - We can improve most floor squeaks for an extra charge. Doesn’t guarantee.
- Transitions - Transitions from carpet to other flooring depends on what has been done previously and the availability of transition pieces (discuss these options with your sales associate prior to the installation).
- Walls - We are always careful but you should expect to touch up walls and baseboards. Carpet backing will scuff/scratch, especially on recently painted or dark walls.
- Doors - Often we won’t know if your door will clear until installation is complete. If your door needs to be trimmed, it is your responsibility to have it done. We will rehang doors if possible, otherwise we will notify you and store them close by.
- Closet Doors/Bi-fold Doors - These doors are notorious for not going back to their original state. We make every effort to reset closet doors but you are responsible to make final adjustments.
- Pet/Smoke Odors – Sometimes floors may need a primer like Kilz to be installed to cover old odors. This service is offered at an extra charge.
- Excessive Take Up/Furniture – Bundled pricing includes allowances for basic take up & basic furniture. If you have floors requiring special take up (glue down, pet damage, etc.) or excessive furniture pieces - extra charges will apply.
- Carpet Odors – Our carpet is safe and meets the Green Label Plus Certification, but you will still experience the smell of new carpet. Many people relate this to allergies, but often people react to the dust stirred up when removing old carpet.
- Footprints – Most carpets today will show footprints more than carpets previously made. This is due to the soft yarn used by manufacturers which feels great to the hand but shows where you walk.
- Pattern Carpets – Patterns are extremely popular today, but are not perfect. Carpets have tolerances and patterns that are not straight in length and width. This can affect both the seam visibility and appearance as it runs along your walls – discuss with salesperson.
- Seams – Some carpet and light conditions cause seams to show. Our professional installation teams focus on reducing seam visibility but seams will be noticeable.
- Furniture Slides – Use caution as you move furniture. Although carpet doesn’t scratch like a hard surface floor, dragging furniture can impact your stretch, pull yarns, or wrinkle your carpet.
Carpet care & maintenance
With the right care, your carpet will look and perform like new for many years. Once you've established a routine, you'll find caring for your carpet is simple. Learn more about how to care for and maintain your new flooring with our guide.
Explore our carpet inspiration gallery to discover stunning designs and creative ideas that will inspire you to find the perfect carpet for your home, enabling you to transform your floors into beautiful works of art.
We will bring the showroom to you with our shop at home service. View flooring products in your own space so you can make a more informed decision before you invest in flooring.
Proudly Serving Prospect, Louisville, Jeffersontown Simpsonville, Bardstown, Anchorage, St. Matthews, Lyndon, Hurstbourne, Crestwood, Shelbyville, Taylorsville, La Grange, and Shepherdsville, KY, as well as Jeffersonville, IN and surrounding areas.